The 52nd International Congress and Exhibition on Engineering and Noise was held on August 20-23, 2023 in Chiba, Greater Tokyo, Japan.
Anton Subbotkin, Head of the Department of Acoustic Measurements and Tests of THOR AVAS, made a video presentation in the section “Technical sessions | Vehicle Noise and Vibration” on the topic of acoustic visibility of silent electric vehicles and the AVAS system.
Among the speakers and listeners there were many representatives of communities and institutions whose professional opinion influences the development of urban infrastructure (see the list below).
The main theme of the Inter-Noise 2023 congress was "Quieter Society with Diversity & Inclusion". The technical program covered all aspects of noise, acoustics and vibration design, bringing together 18 technical areas and over 100 structured sessions.
The THOR AVAS study is motivated by the problem of the safety of the movement of electrified vehicles and low noise micro electric vehicles. These are electric cars, electric motorcycles, electric scooters, electric scooters.
The THOR company conducted an experimental study of the subjective acoustic visibility of different vehicles.
Subjective visibility was compared with the results of measuring the sound level, sound pressure level and the frequency response of the sound pressure level. All measurements were carried out according to the methodology of UN Regulation No. 138 in the laboratory, in an anechoic chamber, and in real conditions of the city / suburb.
This project and its research are of great importance in order to create a working regulation without causing harm to the environment.
This congress offered the best opportunities to learn about cutting edge research and share it with colleagues from all over the world.
We believe that the most important thing in this speech is to attract the attention of the governments of all countries whose policies are aimed not only at improving the state of the air by reducing CO2, the condition of roads, but also the sound picture of transport hubs. Therefore, it is so important that we could be heard by large institutions and representatives of auto concerns, such as Hyundai Motor Company, Mazda Motor Corporation, SUBARU Techno Corporation, Honda R&D Co., Ltd
Inter-Noise 2023 articles will be added to the INCE-USA digital library (https://www.inceusa.org/publications/ince-digital-library) in winter 2023.
Among the participants were such universities and communities as:
- Architectural Institute of Japan
- Gas Turbine Society of Japan
- Information Processing Society of Japan
- Japan Association of Environment Assessment
- Japan Ergonomics Society
- Japan Environmental Measurement and Chemical Analysis Association
- Japan Society of Civil Engineers
- Japan Society for Impact Assessment
- Japan Society for Occupational Health
- Organization of Airport Facilitation
- Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan
- SMART SOUND DESIGN SOCIETY
- Japan Measuring Instruments Federation
- The Engineering Academy of Japan
- The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
- The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers
- The Japan Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Industry Association
- The Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences
- The Japan Society of Applied Physics
- The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers
- The Japanese Psychological Association
- The Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan
- The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers
- Turbomachinery Society of Japan
Please use this link to download the PDF file of full presentation.