Audio branding for the automotive business
Audio branding is the use of sound to create a unique and memorable brand identity for a product or service. In the automotive business, sound branding can be used in a variety of ways, such as:
- Car horns: The sound of the car horn can be customized to create a unique and recognizable corporate identity.
- Start/Stop. Engine start and shutdown sounds can also be customized to create a unique and memorable soundtrack associated with a specific brand. Whether it's a car with an internal combustion engine or an electric car.
- The sound of movement at low speeds (ie AVAS). The sound quality and distinctiveness of AVAS systems can be used to create a distinct brand experience, complementing the overall driving experience.
- Alarm systems: The sound of car alarms can be customized to create a unique and recognizable corporate identity.
- Navigation systems: Voice prompts and other navigation system sounds can be customized to provide a unique brand experience.
With sound branding, automakers can differentiate their products from ompetitors and create a more memorable brand image for customers. In addition, sounds can be used to maintain the image, emphasizing luxury, sportiness or ecology.
However, it is important to consider the laws and regulations that govern the minimum and maximum noise levels that cars can make and design sound markings accordingly to avoid any legal issues. This is exactly how the THOR AVAS system works, guided by UN Regulation No. 138 on noise and sound for vehicles.